Enjoy the History of Perry County
Perry County is rich in history.
The county's formal history began with the Louisiana Purchase,
and the county was formed in 1840.
But the history here is centuries old.
Promoted by the Perry County Historical Museum
These sites are listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Camp Ouachita Girl Scout Camp - National Historic District by Lake Sylvia in the Ouachita National Forest south of Perryville.
Perry County Courthouse - One of the oldest operating courthouse buildings west of the Mississippi River. Located in Perryville.
Perry County Historical Museum -The Perry County Historical Museum is a striking monument to rural craftsmanship. The former American Legion "hut" was constructed in 1935.
Hawks School House - County Road 7
Hollis CCC Camp Site -- 4000 ft. north of junction county rd. 4 and AR Hwy 7 Scenic Byway, Hollis
C. L. Sailor House - Wilson St., Bigelow
Houston Methodist Episcopal Church - AR 60 near jct with AR 216, Houston
Bigelow Methodist Episcopal Church - West of jct of Volman and Emma Streets, Bigelow
Bigelow Rosenwald School (Rosenwald Community Center) - Jct AR 60 and Bethel AME Road, Toad Suck
Cypress Creek Bridge - County Rd 64 over Cypress Creek, Perry.
Fourche LaFave River Bridge - AR Highway 7 Scenic Byway over Fourche LaFave River, Nimrod
South Fourche LaFave River Bridge - AR Highway 7 Scenic Byway, over South Fourche LaFave River, Hollis
Nimrod (Wallace) Bridge - Perry County Road 18, Nimrod
Other Perry County Locations of Historic Interest
Pink Williams House - Williams Junction.
Rison House and Family Cemetary - 1845. John and Harriet Rison built a Methodist church in Perryville. Their home became a center for community affairs. It is Perryville's oldest building
Antioch Log Church - 1874
St. Boniface Church and Cemetary - Highway 60 East
Bowen House - 1800's hospital